We have just started a new blog about The Beatles’ lyrics to have fun meanwhile we are learning English.
The Beatles is a name with two meanings:
- Beat+less= without rhythm
- Beetle that could be an insect or a car.
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? A woodchuck would chuck all the wood that he could if a woodchuck could chuck wood
- Sister Sue sells sea shells. She sells sea shells on shore. The shells she sells. Are sea shells she sees. Sure she sees shells she sells
- You’ve known me to light a night light on a light night like tonight. There’s no need to light a night light on a light night like tonight, for a night light’s a slight light on tonight’s light night.
Some short words or phrases ‘become’ tongue-twisters when repeated, a number of times fast (try it!):
- Thin Thing
- French Friend
- Red Leather, Yellow Leather
- Unique New York
- Sometimes Sunshine
- Irish Wristwatch
- Big Whip